Friday, September 18, 2009

Soy su subastador

Just when I thought I had my numbers down, our instructor Angelo Lopez throws us a curveball. Angelo will be teaching students who are interested in bidding in spanish the next two days. The morning session started with learning our numbers in SPANISH!

We're all a little nervous here at auction school today because tonight is the big night! At 5:00 p.m. we'll have a public auction and will each sell three items. Each student was asked to bring an item to sell. Being from Kansas City, there is only one thing you can bring that represents KC and that's BBQ sauce. I'm hoping to spur a little competition amongst the Kings of the Grill. I'm also selling a copy of this year's 2009 International Auctioneers Championship. I know a couple classmates who'll be bidding on this awesome DVD set!

Wish me luck!