Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Field Trip!!!

No school experience is complete without a field trip. Today we're headed out to tour and watch the action at the Manheim Denver Auto Auction. The class has several aspiring auto auctioneers and we were treated yesterday to a lecture from several prominent auto auctioneers. Some of my classmates are about as giddy as a 1st grader headed on their very first field trip.

I was beat so I didn't blog last night. We were fortunate to have two fantastic auctioneers as instructors yesterday: Theresa Taylor and Jack Hines. If you don't know Jack Hines, you need to meet him. Quite honestly one of the funniest men I've ever known. When you drink as much water and hydrate as much as we do because "water is the oil for our voice" you feel like your about to float away. Add a couple hilarious jokes from Mr. Hines and you'll almost dehydrate yourself! (My fellow classmates will get this joke!)

"I Got" Update: The "I Got" jar has $.10 more for the children of St. Jude Children's Research Hospital! Once you get movin' on your bid call its hard to stop words like that when they feel so comfortable saying!