Friday, September 11, 2009

Auction School

Hi! My name is Chris Longly and I'm the Deputy Executive Director at the National Auctioneers Association. Headquartered in Overland Park (Kansas City suburb), the NAA is the world's largest professional association dedicated to the auction profession and industry. Our membership consists of auction professionals representing every sector of the industry (e.g. real estate, livestock, automobile, art, etc.).

I've been a member of the staff for over 2 years and while I know auctions, I've always wanted to go to auction school and learn the real "in's and out's" of being a professional auctioneer.

Follow me this weekend and next week as I join fellow future auctioneers in Denver, Colorado for auction school. 9 days of school, from 8 a.m. to 9 p.m. Its going to be a lot of work but I expect to have fun along the way.

Til then...